We’re recruiting! Beer Delivery Hero required to pilot “Beer Force 1”
As our beers are getting more and more popular, we need another hero and to come and join us on the team and pilot our famous “Beer Force 1” delivery van!
We’re looking for a delivery driver to help us get our beers out to pubs. We’re not ones to mess about so here’s what it’s all about, warts and all…
- Part time to start with (potential of full time coming up though)
- 2 days per week
- 12hr shift on each day (times depending on the delivery run)
This is to cover a short term requirement for some longer distance delivery runs we have. It’s based out of our brewery right by junction 21 of the M5. Driving a mid length wheel base Transit van, there would be two runs a week on a rotating two week schedule (days can *possibly* be organised to fit with you, we’re open to discussion)
One day run to Devon / Cornwall and back
One day run to West Midlands / Warwickshire and back
One day run to North Wales and back
One day run to Bedford / Reading area and back
Let’s be honest, the role isn’t rocket science! But it is an important one – you’ll be an integral part of our mission to get more people to enjoy our beers! Physically, yes, it’s driving a van a decent distance, visiting on average 9 pubs to drop off an average of 3 casks of beer, collect payment from each pub (maybe collect some empty casks too) and then return to base.
The full beer casks weigh 50kg each, so there’s a degree of humping stuff about. You’ll therefore need to be used to the physical side of this role. Empty casks are only about 10kg each.
This role is currently part time just to cover these longer runs in the short term. Longer term, the runs will be taken over by a distributor based nearer those locations, at that point, we will then have a need for a full time, more local delivery driver and we’ll discuss with you about doing the same job on a full time basis but on a shorter distance and shorter hours in the day.
You’ll need to be…
- Easy to work with and personable (important for the team and for our clients)
- Not afraid of the two long days a week with a large amount of driving
- Accept that it will inevitably be an early morning start
- Fine with the physical aspect of getting heavy casks off the van
- Have a clean(ish) driving license
- Comfortable dealing with a small amount of paperwork at each drop and handling some cash (marking off what’s been paid and check that the payment is correct etc)
What can we offer you…
- A pay package that is at minimum in line with the market, probably exceeding it
- Joining a vibrant, fun and sociable team
- Being an important part of an exciting, growing brewery with awesome products!
- Some free beer on occasions too!
If we haven’t scared you off and you want the chance to pilot “Beer Force 1” to get our brew through, then please get in touch by sending a CV and covering email to email@example.com